Best Oils for Fast Hair Growth April 06 2018
If you’re trying to grow longer and thicker hair, you may be looking for information about the best oils to use for fast hair growth.
Figuring out which ingredients to incorporate into your routine can be overwhelming, especially when you’re trying to avoid a greasy scalp. However, if you use the right oils and techniques, you’ll likely come out with an excellent addition to your regimen.
In this post, you’ll find out which oils are best for your hair and scalp, so you can get thicker, longer hair. Keep reading to see which oils can effectively grow your mane.
Best Essential Oils for Hair Growth
Essential oils are a great medicinal option to keep in your bathroom cabinet for healing the scalp and promoting hair growth. Here is a list of essential oils that are scientifically proven to speed hair growth.
- Peppermint Essential Oil. Peppermint contains menthol and creates a wonderful cooling sensation on the scalp, relieving inflammation and itching. It also helps to stimulate the blood circulation of the follicle cells and speed hair growth.
- Rosemary Essential Oil. Rosemary quickens hair growth by increasing blood circulation, fighting chronic inflammation, and reducing dihydrotestosterone (DHT) levels. Rosemary also acts to prevent fibrosis (scar formation) on the scalp. It even helps reverse graying hair.
- Eucalyptus Essential Oil. Eucalyptus is a natural antiseptic, making it useful in preventing scalp ailments like folliculitis and fungus. Like peppermint, this menthol-containing oil soothes the scalp. Eucalyptus is antibacterial, antiviral, and antifungal, making it the perfect oil for healthy hair follicles.
- Lavender Essential Oil. Want an effective oil that has a natural fragrant smell? Lavender is the ideal option, especially if you want faster hair growth. Its antibacterial properties can treat inflammation, soothe itching and ward off dandruff. As you probably already know, stress can be a major culprit of hair loss. Lavender is a great hair growth oil that doubles as a stress-reliever.
- Cedarwood Essential Oil. Cedarwood essential oil is known to stop hair loss by stimulating the blood circulation of the scalp. Its antiviral and antibacterial properties help to cleanse and unclog scalp follicles, resulting in speedier hair growth.
- Tea Tree Oil. No haircare list would be complete without tea tree oil. Tea tree isn’t scientifically proven to promote hair growth, but it does help to clean the scalp and calm itching. Harsh scratching can lead to follicle damage. The less you scratch your head, the more likely you’ll retain healthy hair follicles. Tea tree can help, especially if you’re trying to stretch your time between washes. However, you may want to avoid using tea tree in your conditioners, as it can dry out natural hair.
A little goes a long way with essential oils. You only need a few drops at a time, and you should always place them inside of a carrier oil or blend them into a product. See below for the best growth-promoting carrier oils.
Best Carrier Oils for Hair Growth
It’s crucial to dilute essential oils whenever you use them because of their potency. Most essential oils are too strong to use directly on the skin and can even irritate the scalp, causing an adverse reaction.
Oils that further aid in hair growth make the best carriers for essential oils. By pairing a potent essential oil with a hair-growth carrier oil, you’ll be able to get thicker, longer hair in less time.
Here is a list of excellent carrier oils for hair growth:
- Black Jamaican Castor Oil. This type of castor oil is potent because the castor seeds are roasted. It’s the ricinoleic acid in black Jamaican castor oil that helps to promote hair growth, especially in people suffering from ailments like fungus, dry scalp, and inflammation.
- Pumpkin Seed Oil. This cold-pressed oil helps to reduce DHT production and contains several key vitamins that nourish the hair follicle cells. Pumpkin seed oil contains zinc, vitamin A, K, and E. It is like nutritious food for the follicles.
- Olive Oil. This common pantry ingredient can heal the scalp and provide the ideal environment for hair growth. It balances the pH levels of the skin and helps to heal dandruff and dry, itchy scalp. Olive oil contains antioxidants which protect the scalp and follicles from aging.
- Avocado Oil. Avocado oil promotes blood flow to the scalp and nourishes the hair follicle cells. This superfruit is loaded with vitamin E, copper, folic acid, and vitamin B, all of which provide nourishment to the scalp.
How to Use Oils for Fast Hair Growth
Always remember to mix all essential oils with a carrier oil to dilute their concentrated strength. It’s easy to make an oil mixture that will give you the thicker, longer hair you’ve been seeking.
- Add Drops to Store-Bought Products. Improving your store-bought products by adding a few drops of hair-growth essential oils is one of the easiest ways to speed hair growth. First, choose an essential and carrier oil from the list above, or pick several. Then mix 10-15 drops into each bottle of your favorite shampoo, conditioner, and deep conditioner.
- Massage into the Scalp. An oil mixture can be applied directly to the scalp for excellent hair growth benefits. Mix 5 drops of your chosen essential oil with 1 tablespoon of your selected carrier oil. Massage the oil into your scalp with your fingertips. Do the massage in an inverted position for even more blood flow.
- Make Your Own Hair Growth Mask. Another way to apply oils is to coat the hair and let it sit for an hour. Try this recipe for longer, thicker hair:
Hair Growth DIY Mask for Natural Hair
1 Ripe Avocado
3 Tbsp Honey or Glycerin
3 Tbsp Black Jamaican Castor Oil
10 Drops Essential Oils of Choice
1. Mix all ingredients in a blender until smooth.
2. Part your hair into four sections.
3. Apply the mixture to the hair and scalp.
4. Let it sit for one hour, then rinse and style.
Try to incorporate hair growth oils into your regimen three times per week to see a big difference in the thickness and length of your natural hair.
What about you? Do you have any favorites to add to the list of best oils for hair growth?