Summer Hairstyles for Natural Hair with Your Snappees August 03 2018
Are you looking for a few great summer hairstyles to wear for your natural hair? Curly hair tends to get frizzy during the hot and humid summers, so it’s a good idea to have some ways to get your strands off your face and neck.
Summer is the opportune time to grow an strengthen natural hair. Winter can cause hair to become too hard and brittle, but the hotter months can be the source of fast growth and length retention.
However, you’ll want to shield your hair from the UV as much as possible and wear it off the neck to prevent salty sweat from damaging the ends.
Snappees were made for curly, thick hair, and they’re easy to use on days when you have lots of outdoor activity.
Here, you will find three quick summer hairstyles you can do before you head out to the sun.
Easy High Puff Hairstyle
The high puff tends to be a favorite for naturals because it gives you a chance to rock a stylish ponytail, even when you have short hair.
If you’re new at doing the high puff, you’ll find it difficult at first, and even old veterans struggle with this style. But this style becomes much easier when you have a Snappee or two.
It’s because Snappees allow you to easily draw the hair up into the puff without breakage. And the snapping mechanism makes it so that you don’t have to do further tying.
Snappees come in packs of three, so you’ll always have a choice of how many you want to use for each style. For the high puff hairstyle, you can use one or two Snappees.
Use a single Snappee if you want it fairly tight. It’s best to reserve this hairstyle for only important occasions, and not overdue it. It’s the perfect hair for a job interview or crucial event.
Otherwise, use two Snappees for maintaining looseness around the edges. Two-Snappee high puffs are good to wear on the regular basis because they’re tension-free.
To use two Snappees, just snap one Snappee onto another.
Here’s how to do the high puff hairstyle:
- Gather your hair upwards, to the top of your head to position the puff.
- Smooth the hair with your hands. Use a brush if you need it extra-smooth.
- Let go of the hair and grab a Snappee with two hands. The hair will fall back down a little, but that’s okay.
- Holding the Snappee on each end, draw the hair onto the crown of your head.
- Pull the two ends together and snap.
- Voila! You have a high puff.
- Apply gel to your edges if you like the laid look.
Two Puffs Hairstyle for Curly and Kinky Hair
The two-puff hairstyle is a cute hairstyle for the gym that can really bring out your playful side. To do this hairstyle, first decide where you want to position your puffs—high, middle, or low.
You’ll need one Snappee per side, for a total of two Snappees.
- Part your hair into two sections with a rat tail comb. Tie one side down with a Snappee while you work on the other side.
- Now, gather the hair on the first side into the place where you want the puff to be. Smooth upward to make a high puff, outward to make a middle puff, and downward to make a low puff.
- Use a brush and gel to smooth if necessary.
- Hold the hair while you prop a Snappee end between your hand and the hair.
- Wind the Snappee around the puff. Do not wind too tight, or you’ll cause too much tension on your edges.
- Repeat with the other side, being sure to make the hairstyle symmetrical.
- Use gel to smooth baby hairs and lay edges flat, if desired.
- Place a silk scarf around the hairstyle for 15-20 minutes to increase smoothness.
- You’re done! Enjoy!
Wide & Low Puff Hairstyle
One of the best things about Snappees is the ability to adjust the size by snapping two or more Snappees together. This hairstyle gives the appearance of having longer hair, making it a winner for ladies with short, natural hair.
For this style, you’ll use two Snappees snapped together to form a wide puff.
- Smooth your hair down with your hands and a brush, if needed.
- Use a small amount of water and a little gel to further smooth your hair down and around to the back of your head.
- Let go of your hair and hold on to the snapped Snappees with two hands.
- Place the Snappee under the hair and draw upward slightly.
- Snap the Snappees together at the top, leaving a wide, puff at the center.
- Continue to smooth hair down and lay edges, if desired.
- Place a silk scarf over the hairstyle to smooth baby hairs even further.
- Have fun with this style by incorporating a headband. Snap three Snappees together to make a cute thin band for a fashionable look.
Snappees make your morning routine fast, easy, and stylish. They are particularly good for the summer months when you want to hang outdoors while still looking on point.
You can find Snappees in a variety of colors to match different summery outfits. Be sure and subscribe to the newsletter to get a big discount off your first pack!
What are your favorite ways to wear Snappees?