Creator of Snappee Keziah Okonkwo teams up with Curl Kit monthly subscription box. April 10 2015
What's Your Hair Wishlist?
Insider Interview with Snappee Founder Keziah Okonkwo
It seems that the 21st century is truly the era of the entrepreneur. With more and more people delving into the DIY (do it yourself) spirit, inventing products, solving everyday issues, and taking the leap to start their own businesses, how does anyone keep up with what's new and great on the market? Subscription boxes have become very popular because they help answer that question. Monthly or quarterly subscription boxes feature new products to targeted audiences and help companies gain new customers. And who doesn't want to receive a monthly package of goodies suited to your personal interests? (Especially when it feels more like getting a surprise gift from your best friend).
It seems like you can find a subscription box for just about anything. Many celebrities even have their own subscriptions boxes, from fashionista, Nina Garcia to musician, Pharrell Williams and even Bill Nye the science guy! Snappee, Inc. recently had the opportunity to be featured in a new subscription box called Curl Kit. In this special interview with Keziah Okonkwo, founder of Snappee, the Snap Off Hair Tie, we had some fun getting to know more about what products she's excited to give a try from her Curl Kit package and more.
1. Curl Box which is another great one for natural hair. I'm always interested in new curly hair accessories and keeping up with new hair tie trends.
2. Vegan Cuts Beauty Box seems interesting because I have sensitive skin and they offer eco-friendly, natural, clearly vegan, products. And they also have a snack box that sounds yummy!
3. Birch Box is probably the most common subscription box I hear about and I admit, I'm curious. They have all kinds of subscription options available for men and women.
4. Test Tube even though that is a interesting name for a subscription box (laughing)! It makes sense for what they offer because they give you the option of sample or full size products to try. Pretty cool.
A. 1. Deva Curl sample kit. All my friends with afros use this, I want to try it! Some one send me some!
2. LUV Naturals products from the YouTuber Kim Love. I've watched all Kim Love's videos and took a lot of product recommendations from her that I've been using for a few years. She now has her own product! This is at the top of my to try list!
3. Already made Flax Seed Gel. I’ve heard great things about this gel, the only problem.. where can I buy this already made? The people that recommend it make it themselves. I don't think I will be doing that.
4. A Deva Cut hair cut from the Curl Doctor Shai Amiel at the Los Angeles Capella Salon. Would love to get the official Deva Cut done for my hair. Say I did it and look good too!
5. Rhassoul Clay Mix. Definitely a try it before you buy it kind of thing for me. Clay on hair sounds messy, but if it produced the the results I've been hearing about, I'm all in!
A. Connecting with all types of people and getting my product out to the world. As an entrepreneur you have to learn and develop all types of skills, even the ones you are not good at. I have been able to connect with so many people with my product, whether it be moms, daughters, my curly hair sistas, dads, other entrepreneurs, you name it. Once I get time to talk about Snappee, I find that people love the product with out even having to sell it! And when you want to make a sale, you have to make that connection first. I really enjoy meeting new people, hearing what they're about and learning from them. It’s a really cool thing that we all do naturally, we want to help and connect with all people and I find this to be my favorite part of being an entrepreneur. Having something to share like Snappee that I can connect with all people in some kind of way.
A big thank you to Curl Kit for featuring Snappee in their subscription box. We look forward to hearing from the members of Curl Kit with product reviews and testimonials.